The Lands Design elements and vegetation species, including each one of their 3D representation modes, can be rendered with any render engine supported by Rhino.
These are some of the most used render engines:
- Rhino render
- V-Ray for Rhino
- Flamingo nXt
- Maxwell render
Rhino provides its own built-in render engine to produce realistic and artistic images.
- Material editor: specifies the color, finish, transparency, texture, and bump for materials to use in the model. VisualARQ brings its own Material Editor.
- Textures: procedural textures can be created for advanced materials. Lower-level procedural textures such as Perturbing, Noise, and Waves allow the design of complex new procedural textures. The high-level textures (Wood, Marble, etc.) are made by combining lower-level components
- Environment: describes the space around the model. It can be defined from an image file, solid color, gradients 2 and 4 colors, transparent or using render settings. Different projection styles can be applied on background images.
- Lights: different light types and lighting options are available to illuminate the scene. The Lights panel manages the properties of the lighting in the model:
- Light types: directional, omni, point, rectangular and spotlight.
- Skylight: provides an overall lighting effect.
- Sun: provides a strong, directional lighting effect depending on the settings in the Sun panel. (You can determine the Sun Angle by the Sun position or by Date, Time and Earth Location).
- Texture Mapping: manage texture map projections for any kind of geometry, including Lands elements.
Lands elements material assignment works as in Rhino..
V-Ray for Rhino
- V-Ray for Rhino offers visualization professionals a state-of-the-art solution that generates high-quality images of unparalleled realism.
- V-Ray for Rhino is plenty of features for Materials & Shading (Physically-based Material), lights & illumination, SUN & SKY, CAMERAS & OPTICS and many more to get stunning realistic and artistic results.
- Flamingo nXt is a photorealistic render plug-in for Rhino with which Lands can interface.
- Flamingo nXt allows you to easily create stunning, life-like images. It’s easy to use, fast, and “Physically-Based”. nXt produces realistic results by simulating light transport in your model. Indirect lighting as well as complex reflection and refraction can be easily incorporated into the simulation. Interior and exterior daylight simulations, HDR image-based lighting, and many other techniques are all handled easily, with minimal configuration requirements.
- Advanced Materials can be assigned to objects or layers easily. There are material templates for common materials, and support for Blurry reflections, Bump Mapping, Normal Mapping, Displacement Mapping.
Realistic Plants and Parterres
Lands Design includes a library of realistic three-dimensional plants, ready to render, saved as “nXt” plant definition files, which are assigned to the realistic representation of each one of the plant species and parterres of the Lands Plant database.
These nXt plant files use a series of values and parameters that determine the appearance of the plant, for example the plant height, the arching and density of the branches, the thickness, and sinuosity of the trunk, etc. They also include the textures and materials for the trunk, branches, leaves or flowering if they have..
When the plants in the model are displayed in realistic display mode and use the nXt plant file representation, the following Render properties are available:
- Season: when the Ignore global season box is checked, the user can choose in which season the plants will be rendered, choosing from the 7 values available: Early spring, Spring, Late spring, Summer, Late summer, Autumn, Winter
- Foliage density: Flamingo nXt will generate more or less leaves depending on the level chosen